Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crossing.

So... now I'm officially a brother of Alpha Kappa Psi.

Looking back on everything.. it has honestly been one hell of a journey.

I'm just so glad that it's over -- pledging that is. I fell so far behind my classes that I'm in recovery mode right now.

Honestly, I'm really glad that I went through with this. I've always wanted to be part of a fraternity, and to finally experience it first hand and finishing it - being in a leadership position as well - opened my eyes so much. I've gained so much from everything, from polishing my leadership skills, professionalism skills, and teamwork abilities.

I've gained amazing friends throughout this semester and have done so much more this semester than the last two combined. I'm.. just extremely grateful for everything and for everyone.

There's not really much else to say other than telling all my other readers to consider joining a fraternity or an organization in school. College is different than high school, it's not about being popular or whatever... you have to GO OUT on your own and join an organization that will help you become more involved. And going to SJSU which is a mainly a commuter school, it just made me feel 100% better knowing I didn't just go to school and home.. I felt as if I belonged.

That's why I encourage people to consider joining an organization. It's not about getting new friends or any of that.. it's about developing yourself, getting to know yourself and your limits, and well.. I guess getting a "life".

I was so close to deployment that I dreaded the end of pledging, but after finding out that I'm no longer going, I can finally look forward to the future. I just hope I do well.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with me. Let's make these last few weeks count.

No comments:

Post a Comment